Beginning January 1, 2020, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act (“Act”), will allow adults (21+) to possess and consume cannabis. The Act has considerable employment pitfalls for employers on enforcing a drug-free workplace. As a consequence, drug testing without any evidence of impairment in the workplace will open the door for legal challenges. This
the timely webinar will be presented by Jeffrey Risch, Labor and Employment Attorney with SmithAmundsen LLC, will go over the legal risks for Illinois Employers starting January 1, 2020.
Topics will include:
• Adopting and enforcing drug-free workplace policies
• Drug testing in the workplace
• Best practices to protect your workplace
• And more!
Continuing Education Credits Offered
• 1.50 HRCI credits for approval
• 1.50 SHRM credits approval
• 1.50 CLE credits submitted per attendee request prior to the event
• 1.50 HR Compliance Credit
• 1.50 Management Compliance Credit
***Be Sure to include our Chamber name in your registration: Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce.***