Director of Nursing
EP!C is seeking a Director of Nursing who would coordinate nursing services for assigned individuals in the Residential Services program. Other requirements for the position include the assessment and ongoing monitoring of the health status of assigned individuals, developing and overseeing the delivery of individual care plans and medication administration, maintaining working relationships with community based health care providers, and facilitating the completion of routine administrative duties: purchasing, billing, training and documentation.
- Supervise the performance of assigned RN's and LPN's in providing training and support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the following:
- Department policies
- Operating budget
- Long and short term planning
- Service evaluation methods
- Work cooperatively to link the department with services and resources that have the potential to improve the delivery of health services
- Provide training, consultation and support to individuals served, families, guardians, and staff as requested.
- Ensure documentation and records are maintained in accordance with pertinent policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Participate in the on-call system, interpreting symptoms and providing direction to staff and other professionals.
- Inform individuals and guardians of care plans and any changes in the care plans.
- Graduate of a certified school of nursing and currently licensed in the State of Illinois as a RN (Registered Nurse).
- Two years of professional registered nursing clinical experience with
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Two years working with individuals with intellectual and developmentally disabilities preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards of nursing services.
- Computer experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Completion of assigned duties may require bending, stooping, pushing, and the ability to lift 50 pounds in a variety of environments. May be called upon to assist with intervention in maladaptive behaviors. Will also require talking, seeing, hearing and repetitive motions.