IVY Club to Host Cocktails for a Cause to Benefit LifeLine Pilots
WHO: The Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club will host “Cocktails for a Cause” on April 6 from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with LifeLine Pilots as the beneficiary.
WHAT: Once a month, the IVY Club is opening the doors to non-members who want to support their favorite local non-profits. Cocktails for a Cause will support local non-profits through cocktails, live music and a good time. During the winter months, the event will take place inside with live music with Black Velvet performing from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in April. When the summer comes, the event will move outside for supporters to enjoy the music and dancing from the patio overlooking the Illinois River.
For each drink purchased (beer, wine, mixed drink or non-alcoholic beverage), guests receive one vote that they may cast that night for their local non-profit of choice. The local non-profit with the most votes at the end of the night will be invited to the IVY Club to be the beneficiary of Cocktails for a Cause and will receive a portion of next month's proceeds.
WHERE: The IVY Club is located at 5102 North Galena Road in Peoria Heights, Illinois 61616. Parking is available and guests may enter though the main front entrance.
WHEN: April 6, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with live music by Black Velvet from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
WHY: The IVY Club is a boating and social club that has a long-standing history of supporting local non-profits. Our largest fundraiser is the Cardboard Board Races on Labor Day to support the Alzheimer’s Association. We are excited to host Cocktails for a Cause to further our member’s support of the local non-profits that matter to them and to introduce more people to the fun we have at the IVY Club.
Through the generosity of volunteer pilots, LifeLine Pilots facilitates free air transportation for children and adults with medical and humanitarian needs. LifeLine Pilots has scheduled more than 8,000 missions serving patients living in 10 states. The financial contributions provided through Cocktails for a Cause assures their continued growth and helps facilitate future missions.
- Is there a cover charge? No. There is not a cover charge to attend Cocktails for a Cause, but donations will be accepted for the non-profit.
- Can non-members attend? Absolutely! We've opened the doors to support local non-profits and are excited to introduce more people to the fun we have at the IVY Club.
- What is the dress code? The IVY Club maintains a respectful dress code, but blazers/jackets are NOT required for men. Jeans are allowed and feel free to wear a shirt to show support for your favorite non-profit organization.
- Will food be served? During the winter months, the IVY Club kitchen is closed on Saturday evenings. We will offer snacks to nibble on - like popcorn and pretzels, but we will not be serving dinner. Pizza and light food will be available to purchase.
- Can children attend? Yes, children are allowed to attend Cocktails for a Cause (we will be serving non-alcoholic beverages too). Most organizations are committed to improving our community and creating a legacy for future generations...so let's introduce the future to the power of volunteerism and making a positive difference in our community. We would simply ask parents to use good judgment. Children are not allowed to sit at the bar...they can sit at the tables in the bar area and the dining room. Depending on participation, children's activities may be offered in the future in a separate area of the IVY Club.
Additional information about Cocktails for a Cause and pictures from past events can be found at http://www.ivyclub.org/cocktails-for-a-cause/.
About the IVY Club
The Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club was founded in 1907, and is descended from several earlier clubs: the Peoria Boat Club (1877); the Peoria Canoe Club (1885); and the Peoria Yacht Club (1895). A not-for-profit organization, the Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club is a beautiful, historic boating and social organization located on the Illinois River. With a deep harbor, sailing crews, swimming pool, and swim team, the IVY Club is a haven for boaters and their friends for over a century. The majestic Club House and panoramic view of the harbor create the perfect ambiance for lasting memories.
For more information, visit http://www.ivyclub.org or connect with the IVY Club on social media at https://www.facebook.com/IVYClubPeoria/ and https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/24413527/illinois-valley-yacht-and-canoe-club-ivy-club/.
About LifeLine Pilots
LifeLine Pilots was founded by Wanda Whitsitt in 1981, after attaining her pilot’s license at the age of 48. She started this 501(c)(3) non-profit organization out of her garage in Champaign, Illinois until December 1998 when a permanent office was created at Byerly Aviation (PIA), in Peoria, Illinois. LifeLine Pilots facilitates free air transportation for children and adults with medical and humanitarian needs. For more information, please visit https://lifelinepilots.org/.