•                     

  • Upcoming Events

  •  
  • New Members


  • The IVY Club to Host Cocktails for a Cause

    • Share:
    February 22, 2019
    Supporting Local Non-Profits Through Cocktails, Live Music and a Good Time

    PEORIA HEIGHTS, Ill.  – February 22, 2019 – The Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club will host “Cocktails for a Cause” on March 9 from 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with TAPS No-Kill Animal Shelter as the beneficiary.
     
    For each drink purchased (beer, wine, mixed drink or non-alcoholic beverage), guests receive one vote that they may cast that night for their local non-profit of choice. The local non-profit with the most votes at the end of the night will be invited to the IVY Club to be the beneficiary of Cocktails for a Cause and will receive a portion of next month's proceeds.
     
    “Once a month, the IVY Club is opening the doors to non-members who want to support their favorite local non-profits,” said Nicole Roberts, Coordinator of Cocktails for a Cause. “Our first Cocktails for a Cause benefitted BUILD PEORIA and we are delighted with the community’s enthusiasm to support the new event.”
     
    Cocktails for a Cause is sure to be fun time. During the winter months – the event will take place inside with live music, but when the summer comes – the party will move outside for supporters to enjoy the music and dancing from the patio overlooking the Illinois River.
     
    “The IVY Club is a boating and social club that has a long-standing history of supporting local non-profits. Twenty-six local non-profits were voted on in February and we look forward to supporting a different non-profit each month,” said Mike Ford, IVY Club Commodore. “We are excited to host Cocktails for a Cause to further our member’s support of the local non-profits that matter to them and to introduce more people to the fun we have at the IVY Club.”
     
    “As a no-kill animal shelter, TAPS does not receive any local, state or federal funding. We rely solely on adoption fees, which comprises approximately 19% of our budget and the remaining 81% has to be raised through community support,” said Holly Crotty, Executive Director for TAPS. “In 2018, we adopted out 1,885 dogs and cats and we appreciate the support of the IVY Club.”
     
    Billy Washburn will play the acoustic guitar from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
     
    FAQS about Cocktails for a Cause and pictures from the February 9, 2019 event to benefit BUILD PEORIA can be found at http://www.ivyclub.org/cocktails-for-a-cause/.
     
    About the IVY Club
    The Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club was founded in 1907, and is descended from several earlier clubs: the Peoria Boat Club (1877); the Peoria Canoe Club (1885); and the Peoria Yacht Club (1895). A not-for-profit organization, the Illinois Valley Yacht and Canoe (IVY) Club is a beautiful, historic boating and social organization located on the Illinois River. With a deep harbor, sailing crews, swimming pool, and swim team, the IVY Club is a haven for boaters and their friends for over a century.  The majestic Club House and panoramic view of the harbor create the perfect ambiance for lasting memories.  
     
    For more information, visit http://www.ivyclub.org or connect with the IVY Club on social media at https://www.facebook.com/IVYClubPeoria/ and https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/24413527/illinois-valley-yacht-and-canoe-club-ivy-club/.
     
    Contact:
    Nicole Roberts, Coordinator & Board Member
    309-643-8435