2015-2016 Committee Structure
Volunteers like you make the Chamber a stronger organization. We are currently seeking new volunteers to fill our committees for the upcoming term, which starts on June 1. Please e-mail Kelly Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving on any of the following committees:
Government Affairs Committee
Co-Chair: Don Shafer, Heartland Bank & Trust Co.
Co-Chair: Don Forrest, Farnsworth Group
- Reviews legislative priorities
- Develops the Chamber’s legislative agenda and makes recommendations regarding those positions to the Chamber’s Board of Directors
- Develops and maintains relationships with area elected officials
- Oversees government affairs programming as needed
Membership and Marketing Committee
Chair: Mary Jo Schettler, Peoria Promise
- Supports the Chamber’s sales and marketing team in brainstorming ideas and strategies for events and projects
- Assists in fulfilling roll outs on specific projects when assistance is needed
Chair: Tom Fliege, Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance
- Works to improve our “Quality of Place” by focusing on pre-hire (K-12+) educational development with school districts in Greater Peoria
- Works to serve our membership by focusing on post-hire continuing education and leadership development
Co-Chair: Cindy Loos, Hanson Professional Services Inc.
Co-Chair: A. Richard Kriegsman, KMI Industries, Inc.
- Reviews transportation policies and projects (road, air, barge, bus, etc)
- Recommends positions and actions to the Chamber’s Board of Directors as needed
The Chamber also has several Program Committees that work with staff in developing and improving our programs. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Ambassadors, who work with new Chamber members to help them fully engage and benefit from their membership, serve as greeters for Chamber events, and attend ribbon cuttings
- Award Judging Committee assists in judging various Chamber awards including the Tom Connor Volunteer Award, Small Business Awards, ATHENA Award, and more