Annual Community Leadership School
Community Leadership School (CLS) unites 42 adults around a single goal: to motivate and inspire its participants to a higher level of community awareness and involvement. In its 42nd year, CLS has become the trusted program for transforming talented people into true community leaders.
Community Leadership School meets on Friday mornings beginning January 2017 and lasts until April 2017. Supervisor support is necessary because students will miss approximately 2 hours each Friday dedicated to learning about the community in which they live. Students will also be given a group project to work on in small groups and with team leaders. The cost for Community Leadership School is $1,200 for Chamber members and $1,500 for non Chamber members. If you have any questions regarding Community Leadership School please feel free to contact Sherneka Cagle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-495-5970.
Our Mission: The purpose of Community Leadership School is to strengthen the Peoria area by developing future leaders who are educated on issues and challenges facing our community.
Selection Process and Criteria
1. Applicants must have full cooperation and sponsorship from their employers and associations.
2. Applicants must possess the following:
- A demonstrated ability to achieve the personal goals
- A ready availability of time and resources to devote to community service
- A personal commitment to the Greater Peoria area
3. Participants are expected to:
2016 Community Leadership School Class Field Trip to Springfield, IL
- Attend all CLS weekly classes
- Attend the orientation reception and graduation dinner
- Participate in class projects
- Attend as many field trips as possible