Volunteers like you make the Chamber a stronger organization. We are currently seeking new volunteers to fill our committees for the upcoming term, which starts on June 1. Please e-mail Chelsea Bouppha at email@example.com if you are interested in serving on any of the following committees:
Government Affairs Committee
Co-Chair: Don Shafer, Alliance Benefit Group
Co-Chair: Don Forrest, Farnsworth Group
- Reviews legislative priorities
- Develops the Chamber’s legislative agenda and makes recommendations regarding those positions to the Chamber’s Board of Directors
- Develops and maintains relationships with area elected officials
- Oversees government affairs programming as needed
Co-Chair: Cindy Loos, Hanson Professional Services Inc.
Co-Chair: A. Richard Kriegsman, KMI Industries, Inc.
- Reviews transportation policies and projects (road, air, barge, bus, etc)
- Recommends positions and actions to the Chamber’s Board of Directors as needed
The Chamber also has a Program Committee that work with staff in developing and improving our programs. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Ambassadors, who work with new Chamber members to help them fully engage and benefit from their membership, serve as greeters for Chamber events, and attend ribbon cuttings.